Friday, March 30, 2018

Rani Mukerji Married

When Rani Mukerji tied the knot with Yash Raj Films' Aditya Chopra, away from the prying eyes of the media, in Italy, a lot of her detractors thought that the actress might not get back to films. But Rani silenced her critics with the powerful Mardaani in 2014, that marked her comeback in films after her marriage.
Rani was away from the arclights again, for four years, before taking the box office by storm in her just-released film Hichki. In between, Rani became a mother. She and Aditya welcomed their first child, daughter Adira, in 2015. In an interaction with the Indian Express, Rani said that the 'glow' on her face these days was more because of her daughter than the success of Hichki.

"The glow is thanks to my daughter. But yes, the happiness is also because Hichki is a success. Success this time meant a lot because there are basic prejudices that come with married actresses and those who are mothers. How we are a dead commodity. We don't sell and that no one wants to see us. Then to actually have an audience that showers so much love on you and tells you, 'We don't care you are married or a mother. We just want to see you on screen.' That validation matters a lot because as a professional, I am the same girl," said Rani.

Mukerji, who turned 40 this year, also opened up about the 'stigma' that is attached to married actresses in Bollywood. "Just because I got married and had a baby, nothing changed in me. I am the same actor. I don't know why this stigma has been attached to actresses that once we want to have a life of our own, we have to give up on our other love. Actors don't get this. They have a successful career and parallelly lead their normal lives. Only actresses are made to choose marriage late in their lives because they feel our commodity dies once we are married," Mukerji said.

Rani then went on to reveal why she fell in love with Aditya Chopra, and eventually married him. The most important reason was 'respect'.

"It was only when I found love in acting and I felt it came natural to me that I continued. Then I waited for love to happen because I was always a hopeless romantic and that's why I have done so many romantic films," said Rani.

"So, it was important for me to get married to someone I love and respect. Being an achiever in acting profession, you seldom get people you can respect. You get people whom you can love, but respect is far and rare. These were two of my criteria and Adi has been someone I have always respected. He is a great entrepreneur and leader who is very encouraging and loyal to his people. These are the things rare in the industry because in a place where people respect you for a Friday, his respect for you is for your craft regardless of the success," said the Talaash actress.

Rani and Aditya have been married for four years now. The couple's wedding took place in April 2014, in Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for comment

 
DISCLAIMER
This site collect images from many sources, that believed to be public image. This site does not claim any copyright for the images. The copyright for the images belong to their owner. Every celebrities, photo models, hot south indian actress, fashion products that the photos/images are being uploaded here in order to support their popularity and their fans. If you find material here that belongs to you and you would like to have it removed or credited please contact me at kishorenaidu99@yahoo.com and I will gladly follow your wishes.